Saturday, October 2, 2010

WEEK 6, POST 2

"Life's too short for the wrong job." from jobsintown.com

As you can see, this advertisement is obviously from a company that offers job searching services. The premise is unstated but I believe it would be something of this context: Using our company will help you find the right job for you. Or maybe the quote in the add is the premise? This picture shows a woman inside the washing machine as a man is doing his laundry. The space is cramped, she's sweating profusely and by the looks of it, the job that she has doesn't pay well. It also looks like she doesn't enjoy her job, which is a common problem and a lot of people really want to find job that pay well, but they also enjoy doing.

Maybe the piece of advertisement that I used was not up to criteria but I'm having trouble trying to figure out what the premise is. Maybe the premise could be "Life's too short for the wrong job"? As for the criteria for accepting or rejecting claims, personal experience can greatly persuade readers. Everyone has a job, everyone needs a job to survive in this world. (Ha, I think I just made my own conclusion and premise without even knowing it. Ok random sorry.) I think this subject is really easy to accept as claim from people who have had jobs. A lot of the people I know who are making a good amount of money have told me about the low paying jobs that they have had to deal with and they say it is not worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I think that you had a good advertisment choice. What you commented on my first post is exactly how I feel as well. I feel as if I absolutely understand what the book means when it explains about advertisements and the criteria for accepting it and rejecting/repairing it. I just felt as if it was a bit harder for me to actually come up with a way to explain myself for my posts. In your post here, you chose an ad that is reputable and has a name that would make people expect it to be truthful and reliable.

    ReplyDelete